CIRCULAR FOR CLASSES NURSERY TO XII
11 September ’17
The recent cases of abuse and accidents of children at school premises have created anxiety and concern amongst parents regarding safety of their children. At Tagore International School, safety of students has always been given top priority. I would like to apprise you all of the safety measures already in place:
- We have CCTV cameras at all three school gates, in the corridors, the school ground, the bus yard and the boundary of the school. The footage from all these cameras is monitored regularly.
- Police verification of all support staff including drivers and conductors is done before appointing any member.
- We conduct regular meetings with all our teaching and non teaching staff members, and reiterate the importance of student safety in the school.
- In all our buses, we have atleast one teacher and a lady supervisor who travels till the last bus stop.
- Every floor has the required lady support staff who is posted outside the washrooms and who also clean the washroom every hour.
- We have a separate washroom for our male support staff, which is outside the building, and they do not use the washrooms on the classroom floors. However, the lady support staff uses the girls’ washroom on their respective floors.
- We have a proper exit plan in case of an emergency which has been put on the notice board in each classroom.
- We conduct fire drills on regular basis for students to know their exit routes.
- We do not tolerate bullying or any kind of vandalizing of school property. Regular announcements are made during assembly and in the classes reiterating this message. Strict action is taken in case of any such incident.
- All visitors/ parents entering the school have to provide complete details at the gate, about themselves, the purpose of their visit and the person they will be meeting. We are implementing some more measures to make the school a safer place for our students:
- No student will be allowed to enter school before 7.30 am as our support staff arrives only at 7.30 am. Students who come for coaching will also enter school premises once the concerned sport s teacher arrives.
- All washrooms will open only at 8 am, except the one on the ground floor, which will be fully monitored.
- We are implementing a buddy program for the Junior section where all students will move in pairs outside the class - while visiting the washroom or going to the school ground.
To make our children more safe and secure we would like to enlist your support in the following ways
- Talk to them about good touch and bad touch, about avoiding interaction with strangers and reporting any and every concern /incident, however irrelevant it may seem.
- If you notice any change in your ward’s behavior, please inform the school authorities and meet the counselor so that we can help the student at the right time.
- Keep the channel of communication open with your wards and give them a patient hearing for even the smallest of matters.
- If your ward is not attending school, you must inform the teacher by email or sms not later than 10 minutes after the official start of school.
- Avoid talking in a derogatory manner about the teacher / school in front of your ward as it destroys the trust bond between the students and the school. If you have any concern, you can write to us or meet us personally to discuss
- From now on all parents will need to carry their school ID card when visiting school or picking their wards. Parents who do not bring their ID cards will not be allowed in.
We the school and parent community, want our children to be safe and happy and our goal is to give them secure environment that helps them to blossom into responsible human beings.