|A Workshop on ' Managing Negative Thoughts ' by Ms. Shivanee Sen was held for TIS staff on 02 October 2020|
On Friday ,2 October a workshop was conducted by Ms Shivanee Sen, a leadership coach and life skill trainer and Ms Pooja Bakshi the senior school counsellor for all the teachers. The issue explored was Management of Negative Thought Processes.
The purpose of the session was to make teachers aware of Mindsets and Thinking Traps which we all indulge in on a daily basis specially during COVID19. Various techniques to manage these thinking traps were discussed. Some of the important key takeaway techniques were Look for external evidence, Communicating, Gratitude (the silent killer of all negativity), Calming down before coming to conclusions etc.
The session was highly interactive and was immensely appreciated by all.
|A workshop on 'No Tobacco' was conducted by Ms Mrinal Barooah for TIS staff on 29 August 2020|
Please find below the key learnings:
1. Tobacco is a health hazard and is a foremost preventable cause of death and disease in the world.
2. Tobacco can be found in the smoking form(like bidi, cigarette, hookah, dhumti, snuff, hookli) as well as in ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems)
3. There is no term like herbal hookah as smoking in any form is injurious.
4. ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems) was banned on 18th September 2019.
5. It includes E-cigarette, juul, E- hookah.
6. Schools should conduct random drive to check for ENDS devices in students’ bags. If found no action should be taken against the student but the police should be informed and the device should be handed over to them with information to State and District Tobacco Control Cell.
7. Students should be made aware about the mouth freshener and Pan Masala ads and the tobacco content used in these items.
8. All the forms of smoking are equally harmful. 1 out of 8 people who are dying are passive smokers.
9. Schools should be cautious and aware about any vendors of tobacco near school (within 100mtrs radius) and a complaint should be filed if they find any vendor nearby.
10. Signage displaying ‘Tobacco Free Area’ should be properly marked in the appropriate areas like staircase, lift, outside the school building.
11. Schools should conduct at least one tobacco control activity in every six months. They should conduct special awareness/sensitization programs.
|Time Management workshop by Ms. Shivanee Sen for the teachers of TIS was held on 29 June 2020|
|Health and Wellness webinar for TIS Staff Members on 22 June 2020|
|Stress Management Workshop was conducted online for teachers by Ms .Pooja Bakshi on 01 May 2020|
|The teachers of classes VI- XII attended a stimulating workshop on 'Building Positive Classrooms'|
The resource persons, Mr. Rohit Kumar and Ms. Sonia from Family Vision Foundation emphasized the need to focus on the strengths and positives in children to help them reach their true potential. Through exciting games, fun activities and group discussions, the teachers took a trip down memory lane to their own school life and realized that in order to build a stronger connect with the students, they need to be the kind of teachers they looked for during their school days.